For the past school year, I've been pumped to leave Decatur. I still am...but not as much. If I get into the architecture program at MSU, thats most likely where I'm headed...but I'll be traveling down to Starkville knowing that there will not be a single soul there that I can hang out with, can talk to, or can confide in. Needless to say....I'm terrified. A lot of my friends are going to Auburn. I have no problem whatsoever with that school, it's just much more commercialized and school spirited than what I'm looking for. MSU seems perfect and I know I'll find my friends and a good campus ministry to get involved in, I just wish there was one person that I knew there. I still have time to make the decision, and I need to just embrace what the Writer has planned out for me and learn to love where I am, who I am with, and who I am. I need to do that right now too. I'm not as content with living in Decatur doing the same old thing every day as I should be. This often results in bitterness towards my schoolwork, church, family and friends. In case you couldnt tell, these are some of the most important things in my life. This is extremely unorganized and extremely "venty" as one of my best friends put something once, but it's whats going on in my mind and I honestly feel lost sometimes. I know that no matter where my friends go to school, nothing in this world will stop them from being my friends and nothing will get in the way of my love for them, I just wish I had one person with the same goals, same priorities, same....anything going to school with me.
1 Corinthians 7:17 - 17 And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there.
No comments:
Post a Comment